Jan 24, 2011

Words of Advice

I ran into my home-ward bishop today and he said some interesting things!

First, I mentioned that Brandon told me that he said I needed to date more. He corrected me and just said that is what Brandon thought, like the advice he would give me. Then this is what he basically said to me,

"You don't need to go on more dates, you need to find the right one, the one that you love and want to hang out with all the time."

I just smiled when he said that and I responded that I was going on dates, but that I was going to hold off until after valentines day in order to save money. He laughed and then he said that marriage is really good on a financial stand-point. He said that his son Morgan "has more money than [him]", and that "he made a lot from the wedding and also being married means there are two of you working and you can work hard and focus better too."

So after our encounter I was left thinking, and I have come to the conclusion, that I am RECONSIDERING MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION. I don't think that I need to go on more dates, I just need to be more up front with girls and get to know them, and just, well, meet new girls and have fun with them. If I end up going on more dates that is fine, but that is just expensive and doesn't help me attain the main goal I guess. A quote that I was recently introduced to applies well here and it says,

"If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love."
-unknown

1 comment:

  1. Boo. Date more. You're not allowed to get married til you find me a husband.

    ReplyDelete