Jan 29, 2011

Who slashed my tires?!? I KILL YOU!!

Okay so no one really slashed my tires, but I still was left with what looked like a pretty slashed tire on the side of the freeway yesterday.

 I was leaving school and on my way to work so I took Foothill Dr. and got on I-80 to go to State St. where my work is located. I was just coming down the hill to merge with the rest of traffic and I heard a clank noise (not a pop, a clank) and it sounded like a rock had hit the side of my car or something and I was thinking, "gee, I hope I don't have another dent/scratch in my car from that." A few seconds later I noticed a deep loud noise, so I turned down my music and listened to a loud humming. I knew I must have gotten a flat tire.

To my dismay there was no room to pull over on the side of the freeway so I had to keep driving for a while. After what seemed like forever I was able to pull over before the 1300 E. exit right next to Sugarhouse Park. I climbed out my passenger seat door and looked at my tire. OH CRAP is what I was thinking. Quickly feelings of anger and stress entered my being and I took a deep breath and opened my trunk to get my tools out. I had a spare tire and a jack and that was it. The other tools could not be found. I tried calling my dad twice, who had helped me with my previous flat, but he didn't answer. I tried my mom, no answer, and same with Monica. Now more stress and anger.

Another deep breath and I decided to call my boss. I called Dave and he immediately came to my rescue. We used his jack and while he was jacking up the car I was going to get the nuts off, but it turns out that his lug-nut wrench didn't fit. He had a four-prong tire iron at home that he left to go get right after that. In the meantime I called my friend Amber who was just at her house, which happend to be close-by and she said she would come help. She has a Nissan Versa so we thought that maybe her tools would fit. Luckily they did and we quickly were able to put on my spare tire.

After another couple of hours I was able to get four new tires on my car, with the help of Lisa, and go to work to win for the day for making the most sales.

Not the worst day I guess, but definitely not my wallet's favorite day, or my carefully planned budget....oh well, life happens.

Here are the pics I took with my phone while I was waiting for all my help to come:


3 comments:

  1. I feel affronted that it was not mentioned that I removed THREE of the four lug-nuts. The way this reads it would seem that all I did was bring a tire-iron and stand around like a fop. Pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even write that much about the actual changing of the tire, just that we did it quickly. I did say WE and I didn't say that you were standing around at all. Let it be known to all that Amber was a HUGE help and is a super-expert in the tire changing scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel appeased! Also. I like your new background. Argyle is always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete