Aug 12, 2010

I made the choice and paid the price

Now some of you may think that the title is alluding to something bad or negative that happened to me, but actually I was using that play on words to explain something amazing that has come to pass in my boring life. Some of you may already know about this event, and I would be impressed if you could guess what I was talking about just by the title. As for the rest of you here is the good news:

I finally bought my own car!!!!!!!!
  
I consider this a big milestone in my life because it will be the first time I will have purchased my very own car. It is in my name! I am so excited and I can't wait to continue driving it. It is stick shift and so I am learning how to drive it but it should be fine, and I am actually excited to learn to drive one. Everyone I talk to says it is fun to drive a clutch and keeps them a little more alert on the road. It is in pretty good condition  and seems to drive well. The brake light is on, and also the airbag light flashes, along with the battery and oil lights. I don't the extent of the problems but I don't think it can be too bad if it runs well and nothings is shaking or dripping from it. 


It passed inspection and they cleaned the oil tank and that light went off, not sure why the other lights are still on. I am driving it now though and loving it. Here are some pictures (before and after cleaning):

Before Cleaning
After cleaning (you can now clearly see the scrapes and bad paint areas, haha)
Hooray for my new car!!!

1 comment: